Monday, January 17, 2011

Happy MLK Day! Peace!


Today in honor of Dr. King's Birthday we all reflect on the legacy of Peace. Enjoy the photos from the Dr. King National Historic Site.


Dr. King Awarded the Nobel Peace Prize

Dr. King Preaching at Ebenezer Baptist Church
Dr. King Marching for Jobs & Peace

Martin Luther King Jr. "I Have A Dream" World Peace Rose Garden



Poems by Children
"We Can Change the World"

"Peace And Harmony"

"Flying Without Wings"

Please share your comments below on this great day.

1 comment:

  1. The memories of the Civil Rights movement are seared in my mind. I had just gotten my own Color TV. I watched the world crumble. I couldn't understand the way of the world as a child. I watched the marches, the speeches, the dog attacks, the assassinations, the riots, the burnings, the agony of this nation in pain. I am forever grateful of the movement of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Thank you Dr. King for Peace! Happy Birthday! Happy MLK Day.

    ReplyDelete