Monday, January 24, 2011

International Romance

While reading "Finding Love Abroad" by Lola Akinmade-Akerstrom

in Heart & Soul Magazine this morning, I began reflecting on my

own personal experience of "Finding Love Abroad".

L'Arc de Triomphe



I had dreamed and planned to move to Paris, France during my

high school and college years. Part of my dream of living in Paris

was to become a runway model or work in the fashion industry for

the Chambre Syndical de Paris.

Skychi at Parc Monceau

I wanted to marry a French man and never return to the states. I

did not want children.

Naples Residence


I dated men from Europe, Middle East, Africa, and the Caribbean.

I will share some my encounters with you in my upcoming ebook

of Skychi's Travel Diary. Please subscribe to this blog.

La Tour Eiffel

Nothing went as planned. I fell in love in Paris with an African

American international basketball player from my hometown.

Mutual friends introduced us after a basketball game. We were

from the same neighborhood. I had met and worked with his sister.

The world really is a small place.

Family


We were married for 25 years and raised a family of four. We are

now divorced but very good friends.

Janice

I have come full circle. This time I get to create another

international romance. I wonder how this story will progress.

I have never tried an online dating service to find international

romance.

What do you think? Please help me with this by commenting your

suggestion.


No comments:

Post a Comment